Are you thinking of repurposing a YouTube video on Instagram? Well, YouTube videos can be repurposed directly to WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and a few other major social media networks. However, YouTube doesn’t provide an option of repurposing the videos to Instagram directly.
In this article, you will learn how to repurpose YouTube videos on Instagram in three simple steps
Copy and paste the YouTube video link in either of the above websites and download
Instagram allows us to share videos as Reels, Story, IGTV, and Post. Each one of these content types has requirements that have to be met before you can successfully upload it to your Instagram account.
The requirements are as below
As you can see, a 9:16 vertical video is the best-suited video type to be posted for Reels, Story, IGTV and a 1:1 square video is the best-suited video type for Instagram posts.
So now, we’ll show how to customize your horizontal YouTube video for both aspect ratios.
This is the sample YouTube video that we are going to repurpose on Instagram and I have downloaded the video to my PC using
In this instance, we aim to generate traffic back to the YouTube channel using an Instagram Story.
Let’s see how we can customize the video for Instagram Story
2. After logging in, you will be redirected to the application’s Dashboard. Under the section Create Project, you can see the different types of projects that can be created using Animaker.
3. To create an Instagram Story, IGTV, or Reels, click on the Vertical video. You will be prompted to choose between a blank canvas and templates to create your video. Since we are planning to customize our YouTube video into an Instagram Story video, click on the Blank option.
4. On choosing the Blank option, a new blank project will open in the application. This is the interface of the Animaker app where you can edit and repurpose your videos.
5. Towards the left-hand side, is the Library section. You will find the Upload option at the bottom of it. Once you click on it, you can select and upload the YouTube video you want from your PC.Note: YouTube videos are of horizontal video format with 16:9 ratio.
6. After uploading, clicking on the video will automatically convert it into a vertical video and fit inside the workspace. Once you click on the video in the workspace, you will notice a set of options. This is called the Item menu and it gives us the options to edit the video.
7. While the video changes from horizontal to vertical video format, certain parts of the video may get cropped because of the change in the aspect ratio. But do not worry. You can always use the Resize feature from the Item Menu and adjust the specific part of the video that has to be visible. Click on the Resize option and you will be able to control the part of the video that will appear within the workspace. But if you want to totally avoid the video getting cropped, use the Resize option to reduce the size of the video and keep it at the center of the workspace and then click apply. Now you can use the space above and below the video to add a Title text or a call to action text. But before adding text, let’s change the background color to make the video look better. To change the color of the background, click anywhere on the white region of the workspace and you can see a new color palette option appearing at the bottom. Click on the edit option over it, and choose the new color that you want to add to the background. Click the green tick icon to apply. In our case, we are choosing the Black color for the background.
8. To add text, click the Text section on the library. From this section, you can choose a blank text box or pick from a list of pre-built text designs that come with pre-applied animation effects.
Let’s see how to use one of the text boxes to add text to the video. Just click on one of the plain text boxes you like, and it will appear in the center of the workspace. To edit the text, click over it again and type in the new text. Since we want to drive traffic to our YouTube video from our Instagram story, let’s use “SWIPE UP” as the call to action text to this video. Once you have typed “Swipe Up” in the text box, click on the settings option that appears on the right side. Using the options available in the settings menu, you can change the font style, color, spacing, and even the transparency of the text. Let’s change the font style and font color for better visibility and keep it at the bottom of the workspace. You will also notice a purple bar in the timeline. You can just drag and adjust its length to control the duration for which the text will appear on this story video. For example, If I want the text to appear after the first two seconds, I have to drag the left edge of the purple bar and move it to the 2s mark on the timeline. Likewise, you can control the entry time and exit time of any text using the edges that are available at both ends of the purple bar.
The next step after this is to add entry and exit effects for the “Swipe Up” text we just added to our project. To do this, head over to the bottom section of the settings menu. The two options ‘Enter effect’ and ‘Exit effect’ let you add enter and exit animation effects to your text. Click on the enter effect option and you can find more than 50+ different text animation effects that can be applied to this text. Here we are selecting “Pop left” as the Enter effect for the text.
After applying the enter effect, you will notice a new pink-colored part within the purple bar in the timeline. This will let you control the duration of the text’s Enter effect. In the same way, we can apply an Exit animation effect for the text. But for this text, we don’t want any exit animation effect so we are not choosing any effect.
Now let’s add an icon to compliment the “Swipe Up” CTA text. We can use the properties option from the library section to add an arrow icon. Also, let’s apply a suitable Enter effect like “Pop Top”, to the arrow, to make it more engaging for the audience.
Similar to how we adjusted the time of entry for the swipe-up text, you can use the purple bar in the timeline to adjust the duration at which the arrow will appear in the video. And similar to the Swipe up text, use the right edge of the pink bar to adjust the Enter effect duration of the arrow.
Now let’s also add a Title for this Instagram story. Let’s type the YouTube video’s title “ 5 Most Scenic Sunsets on the West Coast “ and place the text box at the top of the video. Use the settings menu that appears on the right side to modify the text color, font style, etc. Adjust the purple bar in the timeline to set the duration at which the text will be seen on the video.
9. Use the Trim feature in the Item Menu to customize the overall duration of the video. Once you click on the trim feature, you can see a pop-up of the video with options to trim it. Drag the purple edges in the timeline to trim the video. Since we are creating an Instagram Story video, set the duration to less than 15 seconds (the max duration for Instagram Story is 15 seconds). Then click on the Green tick icon to apply the changes.
10. Now let’s preview what we have made. Using the Preview button in the menu bar, we can see how the scene looks.
11. Once everything is done, click on the Publish button in the top right corner. From the options shown, select the Download Video option to download the video.
12. Clicking on Download Video, the project will be redirected to the export page. Click on the Download button to save the video directly to your PC.
Now that you know everything you need to customize the video to suit an Instagram story, let’s look at how to customize a video to fit an Instagram post.
In this instance, we are going to repurpose a YouTube video on Instagram. We aim to generate traffic back to the YouTube channel using an Instagram Post. Let’s see how to customize the YouTube video (of 16:9 aspect ratio) into an Instagram square video of 1:1 ratio,
2. In the Animaker application’s Dashboard, under the section Create Project, select the Square video format.
3. You will be prompted to choose between a blank canvas and templates to create your video. Since we are planning to customize our YouTube video into an Instagram video, click on the Blank option.
4. On choosing the Blank option, a new project window will appear. This is the interface of the Animaker app where you can edit your videos.
5. Towards the left-hand side, is the Library section. You will find the Upload option at the bottom of it. Once you click on it, you can select and upload the YouTube video you want from your PC.
6. After uploading, clicking on the video will automatically convert it into a square video and fit inside the workspace. Also, an Item Menu will now be visible in the workspace which lets us edit the uploaded video.
7. While the video changes from horizontal to Square video format, certain parts of the video may get cropped because of the change in the aspect ratio. But do not worry. You can always use the Resize feature from the Item Menu and adjust the specific part of the video that has to be visible.
But if you want to avoid the video getting cropped at all, use the Resize option to reduce the size of the video and keep it at the center of the workspace and then click apply.
In our case, we have Resized the video to the center of the workspace and then clicked Apply.
8. Click in the empty white region of the workspace and an option for editing the background color will be available at the bottom of the screen. Select the suitable color and click the green tick button to confirm. In our case, let’s stick with the default white background color.
9. You can also add text over the video by using the Text section from the library. Once you click on the text section you will have two more options to add text. On the bottom, you can find the pre-built text designs that come with pre-applied animation effects. And plain text at the top that can be customized according to our needs. By clicking on the plain text, a new text box will be added to the workspace. Click on it further and you would be able to type the text that you want to add. We can also drag and move it anywhere within the workspace.
The settings tab appears on the right side. Using these options you can change the font style, color, spacing, and even the transparency of the text.
And at the bottom of the settings, the two options ‘Enter effect’ and ‘Exit effect’ let you add enter and exit animation effects to the text. You will also notice a purple bar in the timeline. You can just drag and adjust its length to control the duration of the text.
In this instance, for our Instagram Square video post, let’s type the title “ Make your breakfast in under a minute ” at the top of the video and add the YouTube channel name ” @YT_YourHomeChef” as the watermark and place it in the bottom space of the video.
10. Use the Trim feature in the Item Menu to customize the duration of the video. According to the Instagram duration requirements (Instagram Square Video Posts can be 60 secs long), drag the edges to trim the duration and click on the Green tick button.
Using the Preview button in the top menu, we can view the changes made to the scene.
11. Once everything is done, click on the Publish button in the top right corner. From the options shown, select the Download Video option to download the video.
There are two different ways to upload videos onto Instagram. Let’s see how to publish your videos using both methods.
Only IGTV videos can be uploaded from PC. Follow the instructions below,
Instagram mobile application (Android & iOS) allows uploading the videos to your Instagram account as Reels, Story, IGTV, and Posts. Follow the instructions below
The video will be uploaded successfully and will be visible in your profile now.
Kudos! You have learned to post your YouTube videos on Instagram. So why wait? Up your IG game with Animaker.
Undeniably, online meetings have become indispensable during this pandemic. Virtual Team collaboration applications are now at the heart of all businesses. They enable business owners to ensure that their workforce remains productive and thrive through video, file sharing, chat, in any environment. Videos keep alluring the masses and classes- globally. Moreover, Video has been there far too long. It’s one of the few benefits of this pathetic pandemic. This acceptance has caused Zoom and other video providers to pop and rise their fortune in recent times. Essentially, the market is growing. Remote work may be here to stay!
With the current situation posing challenges to businesses everyday Zoom has gone the extra mile to solve them more effectively with its ease of use.
Zoom shows off new ways to its consumers to take their Zoom experience to the next level through its long list of apps available to download in the Zoom App Marketplace. If you’re looking to make Zoom an indispensable part of your day-to-day remote work life, then one or more of these apps will be useful.
Similar to browser extensions, these apps are available to users without having to leave and open them elsewhere. Most of these apps are free. So, you can work from home without missing a beat.
Here are 10 of those cool Zoom apps.
Animaker is an all-in-one drag-and-drop video maker that lets anyone create animations and live-action videos without any video making experience. Now, you can access all your Zoom video recordings right within Animaker! Animaker brings you a super quick way to add your Zoom video recordings directly to Animaker’s library. No more downloading and uploading!
Once you’ve imported the video recordings, they’re readily available for you to edit and enhance for various use cases.
With Animaker, you can trim, crop, rotate, flip, and adjust your video recordings. Also, with just a simple click, you can apply beautiful readymade transitions, character actions and expressions, and eye-popping text animations.
Connect your Zoom account to Animaker in as few as two clicks!
With Animaker’s Zoom app, you can:
The Zoom app for Salesforce is filled with features that make meeting with teammates, clients, and leads only a few clicks away. Some of those great features include automatic logging of Zoom activity in a user’s Salesforce history, integration with Zoom Phone, meeting recording that stores in Salesforce, automatic campaign creation, and more.
Close business faster with Salesforce by seamlessly meeting with your customers and efficiently managing your sales calls.
Supercharge your productivity by leveraging Zoom Meetings and Zoom Phone from your Salesforce environment.
With a few clicks, you can seamlessly start a Zoom Meeting with your contacts and record your conversation in your Salesforce activity history. Schedule or start a Zoom Webinar, add leads and contacts as registrants, and track participation as a part of that contact’s details.
Additionally, use the Zoom Phone dialer to easily manage your inbound and outbound sales calls, automatically log call activity, and pop contacts directly from the Salesforce interface into Zoom Phone.
Gong’s Revenue Intelligence Platform captures your customer interactions, understands these interactions, and delivers insights.
Gong for Zoom Phone enables you to leverage Gong’s Revenue Intelligence platform with your Zoom cloud phone system. Any meeting scheduled within G Suite or Office 365 is captured by Gong to provide you better visibility and insights into how deals are progressing to enable you to improve your sales performance.
Gong helps your team collaborate, provide feedback, and work together as a lean mean selling machine. Gong uses your team stats and industry benchmarks coupled with AI and shows you what works.
You can integrate with HubSpot meetings to build stronger relationships with your prospects and leads.You can automatically send dial-in and conference call details to your HubSpot prospects and turn every meeting booked in your HubSpot CRM into a Zoom meeting.
When someone registers for a Zoom webinar, they’re created as a contact in HubSpot.
You can also promote your Zoom webinars with HubSpot workflows to send them automated event reminders, follow-up emails, and more.
Track Zoom webinar attendance and Recordings in HubSpot CRM.
Create lists and views in the HubSpot CRM based on Zoom webinar activities. Use contact properties to see when contacts register and attend webinars and how long they typically stay. View zoom recordings directly on the contact timeline.
Domo is the Business Cloud, empowering organizations of all sizes with BI leverage at cloud scale, in record time. With Domo, BI-critical processes that took weeks, months or more can now be done on-the-fly, in minutes, at unbelievable scale.
Domo’s Zoom App enables organizations to understand productivity, collaboration and service utilization to better enable organizations to maximize their investment in Zoom. Through the Domo platform, users can get detailed insights through intuitive dashboards and visualizations to understand in real-time their company’s current Zoom activity. Instantly see how many meetings are taking place, how long meetings are lasting and how many people are participating. Find detailed metrics to understand productivity and collaboration patterns, understand service usage and from an IT perspective support the organization’s use of Zoom with deep insights.
Zoom also has a Google Calendar app that adds the option to schedule, start, and join Zoom meetings right from Google Calendar. Zoom can be added to a Google Calendar event by choosing it as the conferencing option, so there’s no need to open the Zoom app in order to meet remotely with Zoom.
With Calendly you can automatically schedule meetings for you and include unique Zoom video conference details for each team member and thereby, shave off your team’ s time.
Connect Calendly + Zoom to automatically add video conferencing details to your calendar events and meeting reminders so everyone is prepared and on time.
Zoom integrates with Slack in a similar way to Gmail and helps to streamline your workflow and communications . It lets Slack users schedule, start, record, join, and do many of the functions of the Zoom app from right inside Slack.
The Zoom integration for Slack can be installed individually by the Slack user with a Zoom account or be deployed by the Zoom account admin to the whole organization with a few simple steps.
Online automation tool Zapier can integrate with Zoom in countless ways. It can automate tasks like sending invitations when creating a meeting, automatic webinar registration upon customer payment, and more. Zapier said it has over 1,500 app integrations that can connect to Zoom through its platform, so it could be worth a try if you need to find ways to save time.
Otter.ai integrates with Zoom to provide interactive transcripts in real time and post meetings. Participants can view, highlight, comment, and add photos to create shared meeting notes collaboratively.
At a time when most meetings, events, and classes have gone virtual, remote workers and students struggle to listen and pay attention while taking notes. Businesses and schools need help capturing information accurately and making it accessible instantly.
This integration includes two capabilities:
To set up, please follow the instructions at https://blog.otter.ai/zoom
Sell registrations to your Meetings and Webinars and automatically sync participants with the Eventbrite integration
Monetize your Meetings and Webinars by selling tickets and accepting donations with the Eventbrite app. Easily create an Eventbrite event that pulls in details from your Zoom Meeting/Webinar and syncs registrant information from Eventbrite back into Zoom.
Thus, demonstrating just how imperative these apps are to today’s business workflows. Incredibly, these cool apps are a great boon to the modern workforce.
Comment to let us know how you leveraged one or more of these apps in your day-to-day work life.