Who would have thought that a format, which was originally invented just as an attempt to exchange images between computers, would be a rage now?
Wondering what I am talking about? GIFs, of course!
Yes… GIFs were invented to provide a color image format at a time when the format supported only black and white. With more changes in its algorithm, GIFs have grown to what they are now.
Nowadays, you notice GIFs being used everywhere. Right from social media sites to chat communities. They serve their purpose well by helping the audience have a good time!
Like Jason Eppink, curator of digital media at the Museum of Moving Images had rightly said, “Before, GIFs were dressing up the content. But now, the GIF itself has become the destination.” From being used as mere comments/replies on social media or conversations, they have grown to be a stand-alone social media post. And the best part is, people love it, thanks to its quirkiness!
Sometimes, they are also used as a part of blog posts. This can be a feast for the eyes cuz,
Summing things up, GIFs are fantastic, and there are GIFs for every mood.
Did we blow your mind with those facts? Here’s a GIF for you.
Did we get you Excited about GIFs? Here’s another.
Did we Disappoint you? Here’s another.
You get the point!
Now, before we get distracted and start checking out the GIFs for different moods, let’s dive into the actual process and learn how to turn video into GIF.
Let’s say you have a cool video that you feel will make a good GIF. Why let this interesting idea go to the gutter?
To turn your video into the perfect gif, we’ll use Animaker, the user-friendly DIY platform that can help create both GIFs and videos in a matter of minutes.
Are you ready? Let’s dive in.
2. This would lead you to the Moments page. Select the template whose dimensions are the same as that of your video. As my video is horizontal, I choose the Horizontal template.
3. Upload your video. For uploading a file, select the Upload option present at the bottom left corner.
4. Please select the file from your local storage, drag and drop it. Otherwise, you can also select the Upload button, navigate to the file, and then upload.
5. After uploading the file, double click on the video file to add them to the scene. You will notice the video being added to the timeline, as shown below.
6. Now, let’s crop out the “GIF-worthy” part of the video. Since you would know the exact time the scene appears, you can crop it using the scissors in the Item Box.
7. Clicking the Scissors icon will open a new window that will enable you to crop the video. Use the purple tickers to adjust and cut the portions needed. Once you are done, click on the green tick to get the new video.
8. Once you are done adjusting the duration, your GIF is ready for publishing! You can download it directly, or you can add more effects, text, or elements with the different options available in the library. To add text, select the Text icon from the Library.
You can select any style from the list of Text pre-builts in the Library. These text pre-builts are formatted with unique entry and exit effects to make life easier for you. I have selected a text pre-built and have removed the entry and exit effects for this particular gif.
Apart from these pre-builts, you can also select a heading, subheading, or body text, format it, and provide it with entry/exit effects.
9. Once you are done, click on Publish and select Download GIF.
Let’s see how the final GIF looks!
Who would have thought that it was THIS easy to convert video to GIF? Now that you know how to turn video to GIF, it’s time to create those hilarious GIFs and make fun of your people!
Got queries/suggestions? Feel free to drop them in our comments section. We are always happy to get in a conversation with you.
We know that people often convert Video files into GIFs to share it across social media platforms. But what about converting GIFs into videos?
This is probably what you are thinking right now.
“Why would anyone need that? You are being weird!”
There are reasons why people want to convert gif into a video.
Popular social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn don’t allow us to post in GIF file format.
What is the purpose of having the perfect GIF for your post, if we can’t share them?! This is where we start looking for solutions to convert a GIF file into a video file.
Today, I am going to show you how you can convert a GIF into a video using Animaker in two simple steps.
Create an account in Animaker if you aren’t already a registered user. If you already have an account then login. Once you enter the dashboard click,
Create >> Create Video >> Template.
Inside the moment’s page select the video dimension that matches your video. I am selecting the horizontal dimension as my video is horizontal.
This will open up a blank Project.
Now, upload the GIF file that you want to convert to video using the uploads section. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the GIF into the application to upload.
Once it gets uploaded just click on your GIF file to load it into the workspace.
Now, click Publish>>Download Video.
Once your GIF gets converted into a video you will be redirected to a new page from where you can directly download your video. Apart from that, you will also be receiving a download link on your registered email id.
And there you go! That’s how simple it is to convert a GIF file into a video.
To start converting your GIF to video file click here!
Pro Tip: Now let’s be honest, your file isn’t a simple gif anymore. It’s a video now.
And videos need to have so many additional elements like music, screen effects, text animations, and more to make them really good.
Now, if you are worried about how you are going to turn your new video into a really good one, worry not! Because Animaker can help you with that too as it comes bundled with a massive list of features that can help build your own amazing video. Check our Animaker’s features here.
Do you need help with any other video creation related topic? Let us know in the comments below.
A video comprises many elements like scenes, transitions, effects, objects, and more.
But there’s a factor that is more integral to a video than many of the above elements. Its absence can make a video lack flavor. Since you have figured that out already, let’s introduce it with a drumroll!
It’s one of the most underrated parts of any successful video.
Without Music, a video can only cause this…
But with Music, it can cause this…
And that is why learning how to add music to a video is essential.
Now, let’s learn to upload a premade video to which you can add music.
After you log in, you will be redirected to the dashboard. Follow the steps below to upload your video.
1. Click on Create -> Create a video.
2. This would lead you to the Moments page. This page lists several predefined templates, along with three blank options at the top. Since you have a video ready for upload, select one of the blank templates depending on your video’s dimensions. I choose the horizontal template as the video I have picked for adding music video is horizontal. Once you click on it, you will be taken inside the application.
3. To upload your video, click on the upload button in the Library.
4. Now, you can pick the file you want to upload.
On the contrary, you can also drag and drop your video directly into the application to upload.
5. Once the upload is processed, the file you uploaded will be displayed here.
Click on the uploaded video to add it to the video project.
Now, you are all set to add more “appeal” to your video.
There are two different ways to add music to a video with Animaker:
Let’s dig in!
Animaker has a vast collection of ready-to-use, royalty-free music tracks on the platform. After creating/uploading your video, you can select any background music from the Library.
Let’s go ahead and learn how to add inbuilt music from Animaker’s library.
Animaker has made life easy for you by categorizing music tracks based on the tempo and mood, so choosing the right track won’t be a big deal. The steps are as follows:
1. Select the Music icon from the Library.
2. Upon selecting this option, you will be able to see many tracks listed. You can hover over any track to preview it.
3. Upon selecting the track of your choice, you will notice a pop-up appearing, saying that the track has been added. Also, you will see the track appear on the timeline below.
From the timeline, you can preview the track, adjust its volume, duplicate it, and delete it. You can also extend the black marks at the ends of the track to extend or contract it.
In addition to music tracks, Animaker has several sound effects in its library.
Wanna add a popup sound effect? Animaker has it.
Wanna add the sound of Glass breaking? Animaker has that too!
To choose sound effects, just click on the option that is present next to Music.
It lists many sound effects, categorized like the Music tracks.
The steps for adding a sound effect are the same as that for a Music track. After adding the sound effect, you can adjust its timing by moving it around on the timeline.
Once you are happy with the video that you’d created, click on Publish -> Download video. You can rename it, select the preferred video quality, and then click on Download.
Animaker also allows you to upload an audio file of your choice. The only prerequisite is that the file must be in any of the following formats: mp3, m4a, and wav.
Let’s say you have created a cool piece of music that is ready for upload. Here are the steps to add it to the platform and enhance your video:
1. The steps for uploading the music file are similar to the steps we followed for uploading the video clip. Just click on the upload option and follow the same process.
Once the upload is complete, you can click on the music track. It will immediately be added to the timeline.
As required, you can adjust the music track to suit your video. After you are done, you can click on Publish -> Download video to get your video.
Quite simple, right? Following these simple steps can create a significant difference in your video, making it replay on the audience’s mind and making ‘em groove!
If you have thought of a particular tune that would be a great BGM for your video, you can very well upload it to the library and add it to your video.
But be careful before using music or any creative for that say because not all creatives are copyright-free. It would be a shame to get your video removed for not giving proper credits to the creator! And sometimes, simply “giving credits” to the creator won’t be enough. You will have to get appropriate permission from the creator for legal usage, which will involve a fee.
To avoid such situations, you can check if the tune that you’d considered a “perfect-fit” is royalty-free, just like the music tracks from Animaker’s library. Read this article to get an idea of royalty-free music and the various sites that offer royalty-free music. Compare the websites before you zero in on a particular site.
After selecting a site and downloading the track of your choice, follow the steps above to upload it to the library and add it to your video.
Should you have any questions/doubts, shoot ‘em in the comments section. We will be happy to help you out!
P.S.: You can also use Animaker to create a video from scratch. It comes armed with a plethora of features like Custom character builder, 100M strong stock asset library, Human-like TTS Engine, 4K video exports, Giphy integration, and more. You can check the entire feature list of Animaker here.
Downloaded an FLV video but unable to play it? To open and play it, you need to convert your FLV video to MP4 format.
MP4 format is compatible with nearly every device out there.
In this post we’ll show you quick, free ways to convert your FLV video to MP4, specifically, we’ll look at how to:
Animaker’s FLV to MP4 converter lets you quickly convert your FLV video file to MP4 format online, for free.
Unlike other converters that are complex and require local installation, it’s a simple and lightweight app that works in your browser. Here are the steps:
1. Open Animaker’s FLV to MP4 converter and click the Start Converting button.
2. Now upload the MOV file you want to convert to MP4.
3. Once the video’s uploaded, click the Download button in the top right corner to download the video in MP4 format.
And you’re done! Apart from offering various video conversion tools, Animaker enables anyone to easily create live-action and animated videos from scratch.
Use CloudConvert to do the same. Here are the steps:
1. Launch CloudConvert’s FLV to MP4 converter, click the “Select File” button, and upload your FLV file.
2. Now click “Convert” to start converting the FLV video to MP4.
3. Once done, click the green button that says “Download” to download your video in MP4 format.
Let’s now look at how you can do this on a windows or mac computer.
Wondershare free video converter is a free desktop software that lets you convert your video to MP4 on both Windows and Mac. One downside of using it is that this free version adds a watermark to your converted video. Here are the steps:
1. Install the software on your mac or windows pc and launch it. Click the Add Files button to import your FLV video from your computer. Alternatively, you can simply drag and drop the FLV file.
2. Once the FLV video’s imported, the target format will be set to MP4 by default; click the “Convert” button to convert the FLV video to MP4.
Know an easy way that’s not been listed here? If so, let us know in the comments below.
And if you’ve been looking for an easy way to quickly edit your videos for social media, feel free to check out our online video editor. It is ridiculously simple and fast. Just a few clicks and you’re done. Say goodbye to clunky, bloated video editing software.
Since the inception of stories, social media platforms have evolved to a whole other level in terms of engagement. Gone are the days when you felt a little bit of guilt on seeing a message like this…
This means nothing anymore because there is a whole other type of content still available for you to consume called Stories. They have become so popular that nearly 500 million people use stories per day on Instagram alone.
What started as a novel feature exclusive to Snapchat is today a global phenomenon. Here’s how stories rose to prominence.
Now, Even LinkedIn has introduced stories to its platform.
Though Snapchat started ‘em all, the introduction of stickers, filters, music, and other enhancements on Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp have drawn users’ attention from across the globe.
Instagram’s continuous efforts to better stories have made it one of the most consumed content formats today.
That’s precisely why we are going to learn more about Instagram stories.
To start with the basics, Stories is a feature that helps us post images or videos that last for 24 hours. The maximum duration of a story is 15 seconds. You can share stories publicly, privately (only to your followers), or close friends (a particular set among your followers). It enables you to add stickers, GIFs, emojis, effects, and enhancements, among which music is one.
Instagram has a massive collection of music from which you can select a song of your choice. A song chosen from this library will play for a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 15 seconds per story.
Here are the different questions we are going to address today about adding music to your IG story.
Let’s dive right in!
The steps to do this are:
1. Press on the + icon at the bottom or long-press your profile picture and select Add to your Story.
2. Select the image or video that you would like to add to your story. Add the filters, text, and everything you want to your story.
3. Now, to add stickers to your story, select the third icon on the top. You can choose one or more from the many stickers and emojis as shown below. But for now, our focus is the Music sticker.
4. Select the Music sticker upon which Instagram’s collection of music gets opened. You can select any song of your choice. You can either search for a song in the search tab or browse for songs based on Genre, Mood, and Theme.
5. You can select the portion of the song that you want to play in the background. You can also adjust the duration of the song (between 5 and 15 seconds). If lyrics are available for the song, you can customize its appearance in six different ways. If lyrics are not available, you can customize the appearance in two ways, as in the first two images.
After selecting one from the different options, you can post the story by clicking on Your story or by selecting Send to -> Your Story.
That was easy, wasn’t it?
Sometimes, the song that you want to add may not be available on Instagram. You can create a video on a third-party app with that song and share it on your Instagram story during such times. Here’s where Animaker comes to the rescue!
With Animaker, you can create your videos with a wide range of shapes, backgrounds, elements, etc. For your Instagram story, you must have two things on mind:
Now, let’s add music to a video using Animaker 2.0.
Before you start worrying about how you will pay for such a tool, let me remind you that we will be using Animaker’s Free plan for our needs.
1. Now let’s get back to the steps.Log on to Animaker and select “Create a Video” on the dashboard. This would lead you to our Moments page. Select the Vertical template as IG’s story dimensions are 1080*1920.
2. Upload your video and audio on Animaker. For uploading a file, select the Upload option present at the bottom left corner.
3. Select both the audio and video files from your local storage, drag and drop them. Otherwise, you can also select the Upload button, navigate to the files, and then upload them.
4. After uploading the files, double click on the video and audio files to add them to the scene. You will notice the video and audio being added to the timeline, as shown below.
You can add more elements to this video and edit it the way you want to. Similarly, you can adjust the volume of the audio, extend its duration, etc.
After creating your video, publish it, and add it to your smartphone’s gallery. Then, add the video to your story and post it. It’s as simple as that!
Let’s see how the video looks after uploading to the story.
Here, you can see how the video has been cut into four different stories, as it exceeds the maximum 15-second limit. So have that in mind when you consider posting stories.
If you don’t already have a pre-recorded or pre-made video in hand, and if you want to create a video from scratch, you can always create one using Animaker’s video creation platform! So Animaker has got you covered to take any route you want.
Some songs make us feel enlightened. And sometimes, we want to help the world feel the same way too, by sharing our favorite song with them.
For this bestowal, let’s learn to share songs on our Instagram stories. This method is different from the first two methods. In the first two sections, we had learned to post music as part of the story along with a photo or a video. In this section, we will learn to share a song itself as a story from external sources like Spotify, Shazam, and SoundCloud. Ensure that you have the mobile apps of these services before we start sharing the songs.
The steps are as follows:
1. Open the Spotify app and search for the song that you want to share.
2. After opening the song, click on Settings (the three dots on the right corner) > Share.
3. Select Instagram Stories.
4. This would redirect you to Instagram. Click on Your Story or Send to -> Your story to post the song as your story.
5. This is how your story will appear. Viewers can listen to the song on Spotify by selecting Play on Spotify -> Open Spotify.
1. Open the Shazam app and search for the song that you want to share.
2. After opening the song, click on Settings (the three dots) and select Share. You can also select the Share icon on the right corner.
3. Select Instagram Stories.
4. This would redirect you to Instagram. Click on Your Story or Send to -> Your story to post your story.
5. Your story would be published. Like the steps for Spotify, viewers can listen to the song on Shazam by selecting Play on Shazam -> Open Shazam.
1. Open the SoundCloud app and search for the song that you want to share.
2. After opening the song, click on Settings (the three dots) and select Share. You can also select the Share icon at the bottom.
3. Select Share to Instagram Stories.
4. This would redirect you to Instagram. Click on Your Story or Send to -> Your story to post your story.
5. Your story would be published. Like the steps for Spotify, viewers can listen to the song on SoundCloud by selecting Play on SoundCloud -> Open SoundCloud.
Stories on Instagram are muted by default. One must either tap on the video playing or increase the volume by adjusting their volume buttons to listen to the music.
So, here’s a bonus tip. Add the “Sound on” sticker or the microphone emoji to your story, so that your followers know that the story has some music. Win-win situation!
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start the party in your IG stories!
Here’s to Instagram stories and our obsession with them!
Should you have any questions/doubts, shoot ‘em in the comments section. We will be happy to help you out!
A loop video is a great way to convey information about your product or organization without forcing the user to consume it.
It’s a very useful content format that is highly used during trade shows, events, corporate waiting rooms, and even during presentations. Recently loop videos have even become a fun content format on social media.
In this article, we’ll show you
Loop videos are continuously repeating videos with endless or multiple replays. There are several ways to create a loop video but only a few of them are simple and efficient at the same time.
Animaker is one such video creation tool that provides you with simple yet powerful options to edit your videos online. This three-step process will show you how to use Animaker’s video looper to loop videos online in no time.
Create an account in Animaker. Once you enter the dashboard, click
Create>> Create Video>>Blank page.
Now, select the upload option, which is on the bottom left corner of the interface. Upload the video that you want to loop by clicking on the upload button. Or you can simply drag and drop the video file into the application.
After uploading the video, select it to load it into the workspace.
On the right-hand side, you have an option called Duplicate, present within each scene. Now click on the “duplicate scene” button as many times you want the video to be looped. Let’s say you want the loop to happen 10 times, then click on the duplicate icon for 10 times.
Once done, click Publish>>Download Video.
Once the video is rendered, you will be redirected to the following page.
Here, you will have options to download, edit your video again, and even share the video or the project file with others for more editing.
In addition, you will also receive a download link of the processed video in the registered mail id. Thus making sure that downloading remains an easy task for you.
Different purposes require different solutions. Don’t they?!
Say you are planning to play your video in some fair or tradeshow, and you want the video to be continuously repeating in the background. In this situation, a software solution that will help you loop the video a certain number of times might not be the best solution. What you need is an easy fix that will help you keep playing the video an infinite number of times without your intervention.
In this case, looping with the help of video players is the best option. Below I have shown how to loop a video in some widely used video players.
In the Windows media player, the second icon in the bottom menu, from the left-hand side allows you to play a video on repeat mode.
To play a video in a loop in the VLC player, click the View button on the top menu, and select advanced controls.
Once you open the advanced controls, use the loop button to select the section of the video ( point A to Point B) that you want to play in a loop.
If you press the play icon now, the video will play in a loop between the points A and B.
Looping a video in a Quicktime player is similar to doing in the VLC player, but much simpler.
Click the View button and select the loop option and you are ready to go!
YouTube is our easy go-to solution for all our video needs. But still many of us don’t know how to utilize it to its fullest potential. YouTube gives us a very easy solution to play a video on repeat mode.
To make a video play on a loop, do a right-click on the video and select ‘loop’ from the options.
Looping a video inside your PowerPoint presentation is a good way to keep hold of your viewer’s attention. To begin with, insert the video into the presentation by,
clicking Insert tab >> Video >> and select the option Video on my PC to upload the video that you want to add to your presentation.
Once you embed the video, now go to the Playback tab and select the box near the option ‘loop until stopped’.
That’s it. Your video in your presentation is on loop and the loop will continue until you stop it.
An infinite loop video can fool the viewer by blurring the difference between the start and the end of a video. It’s a great trick to create attention-grabbing social media videos.
This simple two-step process will show you how to make infinite loop videos.
Step1: Upload your video
Create >> Create GIF >> Blank page.
We are creating this as a GIF file to ensure that the video runs continuously as an infinite loop. For this requirement as well, we’ll use Animaker.
Once you login to the application, upload the file that you want to loop using the upload section present on the left side of the application interface. Or you can also drag the video from the folder into the application.
If necessary, you also have an option to trim the clip that you are uploading to make your video loop accurate. And you can do that by dragging the edges of the clip in the video timeline.
Now Click Publish >> Download Gif.
This is a good way to create an infinite loop video for Twitter and Facebook.
As Instagram does not accept GIFs, you have to download your output in mp4 format. To do that, download through the Download video option.
There you have your infinite loop animation!
Check out our loop video tool to create your own infinite loop video now.
We hope this article helps you with the right solutions for video looping. But if you are highly creative and want to do more than just looping a video, then we have the right tool for you.
Animaker is free and easy to use DIY video creation software that offers options to trim, crop, rotate, change color, add music to a video, create character animation, create a video with photos, create text animation, and a lot more.
Single most powerful video creation app for every video need. Click here to power yourself!